The day of the event there are many parking lots available in the area for a fee. However the Buses and competitors should proceed to the “Gillette Parking Area” – directions below
Buses and teams attending the race should try to park next to the channel. The day rate is $5 on the weekend.
From here it is a short walk along the Channel to the Registration and the Barking Crab (main tent).
Directions to Gillette Parking Area:
The preferred parking lot is officially called Channelside Parking and is at 284 A St, Boston, MA 02127.
Despite the address, the main entrance is on Neeco St just off from A Street. Please park your buses and vehicles along the Channel fence.
From the North:
Take I-93 South over the Zakim Bridge and into the tunnel under Boston. Follow I-93 South and
- take EXIT 20A-20B toward South Station. The left lane off the exit will
- merge onto Purchase St. After merging on Purchase, the stay in the left lane because very quickly you will turn
- left onto Summer Street. Stay in the right hand lane. Once you cross over the Summer Street Bridge the take the first available
- right onto Melcher Street. Follow Melcher St about a block and then turn
- right onto Neeco Street, which is the first available right turn
- You will see the entrance to Channelside Parking on your right about half way down the street. This is a parking lot, not a garage, so shoot for the open air ahead of you!
From the West:
Take I-90 (the Mass Pike) East toward Boston. Continue through the tolls into Boston, staying on I-90. (You will go through a series of tunnels, stay to the left until you pass exit 22 Prudential/Copley. I say this because exit 22 comes up quick and you can get caught in traffic on the exit if you stay to the right). Stay on I-90 and get in the right hand lane after Exit 22, following signs toward the airport.
- take Exit 25 and stay in the left hand lane coming out of the tunnel. At the top of the exit you will see a sign that directs you to the left toward Seaport Blvd. Follow that road to the first set of lights. That is Congress Street, turn
- left onto Congress Street. Follow Congress through the first light and stay in the left hand lane. At the second light get in the left turn lane and turn
- left onto A Street. Follow A Street through the first light and at the second light turn
- right onto Neeco Street. There is a right bend at the end of Neeco and the parking lot entrance is on your left after the bend.
From the South:
Take 93 North toward Boston.
- take Exit 20 toward Logan Airport. Stay in the left lane and follow the signs toward South Boston. When you go into the Tunnel, get in the right lane. Follow
- exit on the right toward South Boston. Stay in the left lane. At the first light
- turn left onto Congress Street. Follow Congress through the first light and stay in the left hand lane. At the second light get in the left turn lane and
- turn left onto A Street. Follow A Street through the first light and at the second light
- turn right onto Neeco Street. There is a right bend at the end of Neeco and the parking lot entrance is on your left after the bend.